Your dishwasher will last a lot longer if it is properly maintained. Here are some tips below to help you achieve just that:
1. Place a Cup of Vinegar on Top Rack – Run your dishwasher for a complete cycle. This will help remove any built up soap scum in your machine.
2. Clean Your Sprayer from Top Rack – Remove the top rack of the dishwasher. Get your self thick wire or large paperclip that you can poke into each hole of the sprayer. This will help dislodge any debris or calcium build-up.
3. Check Both Racks Coating – After time the coating on your racks may become chipped. Take a look at both racks for any wear or chipping. If you are missing some coating don’t despair. Home depot has coating in a bottle. This is easy to apply and fix your racks.
4. Clean Your Soap Dispensers – With an old toothbrush you can clean the plastic compartments that get debris and or soap scum.
5. Clean Your Lower Sprayer – Similar to the top rack sprayer. Get a some wire or paperclip and poke through each hole.
With each of these tasks done – now wipe down the entire washing machine using some Windex or ammonia to clean properly.
These tips will extend the life of your dishwasher and also keep your dishes looking their best.