The kitchen is the heart of a home. For social gatherings and holidays cooking a great meal leads to great family memories. Here are some tips to keep your oven and stove working at its best.
- Cool Your Burners Before Cleaning. Let your burners cool down before cleaning. Remove the grates and wipe down with soft sponge or towel. Use vinegar and water over a harsh abrasive. The abrasive will eventually scratch the surface and ruin your stove’s appearance.
- Scrub the burner gates and caps. Use warm water and again a sponge or towel to scrub them clean.
- Inspect coil burners. If one is bright red it may be on it’s way out and need to be replaced very soon.
- Prevent Spills on Oven. While using the oven try putting some aluminum foil on the bottom to prevent spilling food/juices directly on the oven.
- Self Cleaning Oven Regulary. An oven needs to be cleaned at least twice a year. When using the self-cleaning cycle wait until oven has cooled off to wipe down.